A little of this, a little of that, a recipe to spice up your appetite for gifts.
1. Curl up and listen to the sound of the dark. Jen Lee’s Solstice: Stories of Light in the Dark is poetry for your soulmates.
2. Don ye now some gay apparel. Stacy de la Rosa’s hand-stamped joy (and then some!) decks a neck in falala.
3. Top a teeny noggin in Shalet Abraham’s custom baby knitwear.
4. Keep it short and sweet in Robin Westphal’s handmade journals, jewelry or prints.
5. Dole out favors from a stack of Jen Lemen’s Trust Notes, and when no one is looking, steal something for yourself. (Everything is $10 this week.)
6. Start all over again January 1 with Karen Walrond’s 2009 Chookooloonks Calendar. It’s sure to be a better looking year.
7. Alphabetize your spice caddy. No, nevermind, I did that already. And the question is, how did I end up with so much Chervil?
Hold your parsley! There’s already more:
8. Jingle your jangle with Leigh’s artful adornments, but not before I snap them up!
9. Feast your eyes and deck your walls with Lisa Gilbert’s fine art prints. She’ll pack you a day at the beach and save you the gas money.
10. So many moms, so little time. Look what our favorite mom in Madison, Denise Cusack, has done for all the momshops in her town, while I was merely sorting the cinnamon from the cloves.
11. Not least, Nikole Sarvay’s mother-loving pendants. Each one worth waiting all this time for!
Do you have an etsy shop ready for business? Leave a comment here and I’ll add you to the shopping list.