In my last post I suggested three books on faith to begin the year. Here are ten reasons to begin exploring faith in your life starting now:
1. Now is the only time to begin.
2. Everything ends.
3. People you love will die.
4. There is no way to prepare.
5. One day you might get married.
6. You will face the reality of your choices every day.
7. Children don’t make you happy.
8. They make you grow up.
9. You don’t know as much as you thought.
10. Answers appear as you go.
And one better:
11. It’s free.
The questions in life are universal, and with them, our doubts and fears. In Katrina Kenison’s books, she writes through the questions we share: how do we parent, make a home, let go, be a friend, find a path, and become a true companion to ourselves? I am honored to share her art and kindness with you.
I’ve recommended other books on faith, but here’s one better. Katrina has offered a copy of her newest book, Magical Journey, as a gift to one of my blog readers. Please leave a comment on this post by Friday, Jan. 4 for a chance to take flight on Katrina’s latest journey.
And remember Katrina’s visit to Pasadena’s Vroman’s Bookstore on Feb. 8. Come sit with me in the front row.